I suggest you ...

Investigate/Correct Search Oddities

I've noticed a couple of oddities regarding searches:

1.) Member searches, as well as clue-based and other text-based searches seem to have trouble with special characters - apostrophes, ampersands and the like.

2.) Not sure how else to mention this without a specific example, and not sure if this is indicative of a more pervasive issue, but check out this clue: http://letterboxing.org/BoxView.php?boxnum=36426 . A location-based search of Eastford, CT does not show this series, neither does a direct search by letterbox name. Even a search by LbNA number does not turn up this box in a search. However, if I choose a box in Eastford and choose to display nearby boxes, this one pops up! Not sure if it is due to its Adoptable or never-found status, although other Adoptable boxes show up just fine in similar searches.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NaironNairon shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John ChapmanAdminJohn Chapman (Product Owner, LbNA) commented  · 

1) I think I have found and fixed the problem with & in member searches.

I'm going to close this item, but please contact me with any other examples of search oddities!

1) I'm not seeing a problem with member search. When I search for " '39 Geezer" I find them and when I search for all members with ' I find a large number. It does look like there is a problem with & that I need to work on for members.

2) Maybe I'm doing something different, but I see it when I do a location search for "Eastford CT" or name search for "Hall's Pond" or LbNA number search for "36426". You may be hiding found boxes in your preferences.

Feedback and Knowledge Base